Monday, August 31, 2009

This Just In...Michael Jackson Still Dead

I love Michael Jackson and he has inspired me beyond belief, but many broadcasts like CNN and MSNBC have been over-butchering this story for the past two months. This weekend when Teddy, one of the greatest politicians passed away, I was listening to breaking news about Michael Jackson's case now a homicide. Stations like Potus Politics and NPR seem to really understand what their audience is looking for and I feel like there is only so much we could talk about a person, even if he was the greatest entertainer of all time. Question, why have we not buried him yet! It's been longer than two months since he took his last breathe and he is still chilling in a freezer. He will not come back to life if he is not buried. Teddy died on Friday and was buried on Sunday, during the same weekend so why is it taking so long?

Also, reports of AEG LIVE, the promoter of the "This is it" tour is in some deep trouble. They are hoping that the Michael Jackson movie being released on October 30th by Sony will help them make up the their debts. Since they own the behind the scenes footage that will be used for the movie, they had every right to sell it to Sony for 60 million dollars that will help bring in some monetary compensation.

PZ. CCS

2 comments:

  1. Earlier this week I was listening to the radio in the morning, and when they got to announcing some news, it went a little something like this: MJ this, MJ that, MJ's death a homicide, video "proof" that he's still alive/faked his death turns out to be a fake (duh), body to be buried on September 3...wait...He's still not buried yet?! Really? Totally creeped me out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite MJ related media event was right after he died. I was at a nail salon waiting for my girlfriend and her sister to finish up and I was following the news via twitter on my phone. I made the announcement to the girls and whoever else was listening and one of the owners turned on CNN to see what was happening. Wolf Blitzer came on the screen, made the announcement, and said "I feel we need to watch this clip" and then they played a clip from Thriller with Zombie MJ. Could the zombie videos have waited? I wanted to laugh it was so ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete