Sunday, August 30, 2009

Third Language Show Review

Liv'n up the 80's! Yes, tonight I honestly felt like I had traveled back to my era to re-live the bands of Ace of Base, Abba, and Journey, just to name a few. It was great to see the Oasis back up on it's feet but it was a bit depressing to see the islands on the lake essentially turning into continents. This had been the fourth time I have seen Third Language bring the 80's wave into fashion and the Oasis and I'm sure it won't be the last. The energy was great and about seventy percent of everyone in the Starlight venue had put on their classics and were dancing all night. My aunt Jo and uncle Floyd started Third Language over twenty years ago and it was great to see them performing there hearts out like it was their first and last show that they would ever play. It was also a family reunion as my grandma Dotti, my mom Janet, my uncle Jeff and my aunt Linda as well as all my little cousins were in attendance. At the beginning of the second set, my uncle Jeff got up on stage to jam on some Mustang Sally. Third Language has four original players but tonight they also had a sassy saxophonist and an acrobatic trumpeter. The two female singers were charismatic and really outgoing on stage. They wore bright funky petticoats with tall red and silver go go boots. I think Third Language is one of the top cover bands in Austin because of all their fun audience participation they bring to the table. Tonight, I witnessed twenty ladies, around the age of thirty, do one handed push-ups on stage during a song. I also saw the longest Congo line with over seventy-five people holding hips and strutting around the entire venue soon to be followed by a very competitive limbo session. The lady singers like to come out into the crowd with your wireless microphones and sing right in front of people as well as giving others a fun opportunity to pony up their American idol skills and belt out a couple verses. I really enjoyed watching my grandma dance with my mom and my uncle. I also enjoyed blowing out twenty-two candles on a gourmet, chocolate cake to celebrate my birthday. Overall, a great night with the family and I look forward to their next show at the Oasis in October.

Pz. CCS

Photobucket

Third Language

No comments:

Post a Comment